The following is from Alliey Cat Allies . Thanks to there great work so many cats have a new lease on life and are not being euthanizerd in shelters.
HOW TO BUILD A FEEDING STATION
Community cats also known as feral cats are well-suited to living outdoors alongside humans, as they have done for over 10,000 years. However, there may be times when they could use a helping hand. Here, you'll learn how you can build a feeding station for the community cats in your neighborhood. This station will keep food and water safe from the elements. It's cheap, and your feline friends will love it!
What You'll Need
1. Use a ruler to mark the opening with a permanent marker. Be sure to mark around handles,
2. Soften the plastic outline using the hair dryer. This will make it much easier to cut.
3. Use the box cutter to cut out the entrance. Use caution and be careful not to cut yourself! If plastic is too hard, repeat Step 2.
4. Cover newly cut plastic with duct tape to smooth out the edges.
5. Place tub sideways on top of the two 2x4s, and mark four holes for screws two on each plank.
you'e ready to place the feeding station outside.
TIP: Place feeding station on a slight incline so rain water will drain out the front. If ground is flat, add an extra piece of wood under the back of the feeder to create an incline.